Robeson Community College Spring Commencement is scheduled for May 12th, 2021. This will be a drive-in ceremony. Letters have been mailed to graduates with the scheduled time for their ceremony. Please note the follow procedures for your big day!
- Cap & Gown:
If you have not purchased your graduation cap & gown, please contact Overby School Services (Jostens) at (910) 675-3886.
- Graduation Time:
Letters have been mailed to all graduates for the time of your ceremony.
- Graduation Procedures:
- One car per graduate at graduation
- Please refer to the map, for entrance into the college for the graduation ceremony. Cars will enter campus at the traffic light.
- Cars will be parked facing the stage at the auditorium.
- Magnetic Graduate Car Poster:
Since graduation will be a drive-in ceremony, Robeson Community College has purchased magnetic car posters which will be used to call out your name as you approach the graduation stage. After parking, someone will assist to apply the magnetic poster to your passenger door.
- Please remain in your car for the ENTIRE graduation ceremony.
- You will be able to tune in on your car radio to listen to the ceremony. The channel will be announced.
- The ceremony will also be streamed Facebook Live – RobesonCC.
- After the Conferring of Degrees and Diplomas by the President (see graduation program), security will direct vehicles to move into a procession towards the stage.
- ONLY the graduate will get out of the right side of car to step to the stage to pick up their diploma cover and have their photo taken in the designated area.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the address in Self-Service. Please verify address on file before graduation. Should you need to update your address, please contact the Business Office at (910) 272-3453.
- Professional Photograph:
- A professional photographer will be available to take a picture of the graduate.
- Photos can be purchased directly from Photo Specialties. You will receive photo proofs by mail and a link will be sent to your email within 48 hours after the ceremony. Order by phone, mail or email.
1. Complete the Graduation Application in the Records Office at least four months prior to your final semester. The application serves as notification that you intend to complete your program of study. This needs to be done whether or not you plan to participate in Commencement. The online Graduation Application form is for exclusive use by 100% distance learning students. On-campus students are requested to come by Records and Registration to apply as our forms are color-coded.
2. Within a few weeks, you will receive a letter from the Records Office asking that you come by for a conference.
3. At the conference, our evaluation of your progress toward your degree will be shared with you. You will also be given a packet that will answer your questions about graduation, your degree or diploma, and the commencement exercises. Keep this in a safe place for future reference. Refer to your packet BEFORE calling about graduation.
After each graduate is handed his/her diploma, a picture will be taken by a professional photographer. A free color proof will be sent to your student email address and/or current mailing address, including a password for online viewing. You are under no obligation to purchase prints. If you do not receive a proof within two weeks of the ceremony, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-722-7033. (This does not apply to summer graduates.)
Jostens is available on campus on certain days in February (see curriculum Master Calendar) for diploma, cap, gown and announcement orders. Times: 10A until 2P and then 4P until 6P. Jostens returns in the spring to deliver orders. The date and time of upcoming Josten’s visits are posted on this webpage, in RCC Portal Announcements.
If you missed the announced visits and need to contact Jostens:
Overby School Services
P.O. Box 379
Rocky Point, NC 28457