Robeson Community College Spring Commencement originally scheduled for May 19 has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 at 11:00 am.
Before the date was changed, there was over a week between the last day of classes and Commencement. Shortening this window will allow students, families, and faculty to fully participate in this rewarding experience.
Please see the revised information below:
Fall & Spring Semester Graduates
- Commencement rehearsal will be held on Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 at 9:00 am, in the A. D. Lewis Auditorium.
- Commencement line up will be on Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 at 10:00 am.
- Commencement will be on Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 at 11:00 am, in the A. D. Lewis Auditorium.
Tickets for May Commencement will be available for pick up on Thursday, April 30, 2020, from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm in Records and Registration, Building 13.
Summer Semester Graduates
- Commencement rehearsal will be held on Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 at 9:30 am, in the A. D. Lewis Auditorium.
- Commencement line up will be on Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 at 10:30 am
- Commencement will be on Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 at 11:00 am, in the A. D. Lewis Auditorium.
1. Complete the Graduation Application in the Records Office at least four months prior to your final semester. The application serves as notification that you intend to complete your program of study. This needs to be done whether or not you plan to participate in Commencement. The online Graduation Application form is for exclusive use by 100% distance learning students. On-campus students are requested to come by Records and Registration to apply as our forms are color-coded.
2. Within a few weeks, you will receive a letter from the Records Office asking that you come by for a conference.
3. At the conference, our evaluation of your progress toward your degree will be shared with you. You will also be given a packet that will answer your questions about graduation, your degree or diploma, and the commencement exercises. Keep this in a safe place for future reference. Refer to your packet BEFORE calling about graduation.
After each graduate is handed his/her diploma, a picture will be taken by a professional photographer. A free color proof will be sent to your student email address and/or current mailing address, including a password for online viewing. You are under no obligation to purchase prints. If you do not receive a proof within two weeks of the ceremony, please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-722-7033. (This does not apply to summer graduates.)
Jostens is available on campus on certain days in February (see curriculum Master Calendar) for diploma, cap, gown and announcement orders. Times: 10A until 2P and then 4P until 6P. Jostens returns in the spring to deliver orders. The date and time of upcoming Josten’s visits are posted on this webpage, in RCC Portal Announcements.
If you missed the announced visits and need to contact Jostens:
Overby School Services
P.O. Box 379
Rocky Point, NC 28457