Welcome, from the RCC Library Team!
The Anne Moss-Biggs Library at Robeson Community College is a hub of research, quiet study, and academic pursuits. Located in the center of the Robeson Community College campus in Building 4, the library is convenient to all users.
The Library’s print collection consists of over 19,000 titles and the library also provides RCC students, faculty, and staff with access to a host of online databases. Use our online research guides to locate the appropriate resources within which to search for your topic of interest.
The RCC Library provides Internet access to students, instructors, staff, and visitors. The College’s Internet and Computer Network Acceptable Use Policy applies to the Library, as well as to the College as a whole (refer to the Student Handbook). Internet access at RCC is a privilege, and all users are expected to exercise responsible and ethical behavior when using computers. Note that all guests must agree to the library’s Unaffiliated Computer Use Agreement (full terms can be found in the RCC Library Handbook). Users who violate rules may lose the privilege of using the Library’s resources. Serious offenses may lead to disciplinary action by the College.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in the library.
- Priority computer use is for enrolled RCC students; the library reserves the right to insist public patrons vacate the computer for student use.
- Library staff reserves the right to ask unruly and disruptive users to leave the library
- Library staff reserves the right to limit daily computer use time.
- Library staff reserves the right to monitor computer activities and respond to reports or sightings of inappropriate material being accessed on library computers. Repeated violations of the computer use policy will not be tolerated.
- Nonaffiliated library users will be signed on once; logging on and off computers repeatedly will not be permitted. This includes repeated virus warnings as result of the materials viewed online.
- Violations of the computer use agreement will result in a user’s suspension of use of library resources for a pre-determined amount of time per the offense.
- Printing for non-affiliated users will be at a cost of .05 cents per page.
Priority for use will be given to enrolled students who need computers for research and homework assignments. If a patron leaves a computer station, but intentionally leaves personal items behind, staff may allow another patron to use the computer in question, if needed. Note that the library staff is not responsible for items left unattended. If all computers are in use, please inquire at the information desk about checking out a laptop. Staff has the right to ask patrons to vacate a computer if it is needed for school use.
Looking for online materials related to Robeson Community College over its 50-year history? Go to the DigitalNC.org website.
Looking for the Online Library Orientation? Find it here.
Off campus? Contact us at the Reference Desk at (910) 272-3327, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.