RCC is Living Local on WBTW!
Robeson Community College, with funding provided by ApprenticeshipNC, was able to create several segments for the morning show Living Local with host Jessica Grace.
The theme of each segment is centered around apprenticeships, as we try to target businesses to join RCC in establishing an apprenticeship program for students.
Living Local Carolina airs 9:30a-10a, Monday thru Friday on WBTW/Channel 13.
If you are not able to receive the WBTW signal, you can watch the segments live at https://www.wbtw.com/watch-live/
Monday, June 6
- Chef James Ingram will be featured in the RCC kitchen with Culinary Arts students preparing a meal.
- You’ll also see the work of Chef Linsie Locklear and Baking and Pastry Arts students with the beautiful lemon blueberry cake they have prepared.
- Michael Jacobs, an instructor in the Business Technologies program, will share opportunities available in IT and Cybersecurity.
Tuesday, June 7
- Learn about Nursing and Health Science programs at RCC during an interview with Dr. Eva Meekins, followed by an interview with Patrick Jacques on apprenticeships.
Wednesday, June 8
- Robert Ivey will speak about opportunities in Fire/Rescue field, along with Rudy Locklear who will share insights about apprenticeship opportunities in Criminal Justice and Basic Law Enforcement.
Thursday, June 9
- Timothy Bryant talks about the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration program at RCC, followed by Patrick Jacques who will inform viewers about how the ApprenticeshipNC program works.
Friday, June 10
- Learn about RCC’s Emergency Medical Science (Paramedic) and Emergency Medical Services (EMT) apprenticeship opportunities at RCC during an interview with Kenny Locklear.
Each segment will re-air the week of June 27 – July 1.
Please help us spread the word about Apprenticeships to businesses by sharing our posts on social media.
Each student that is given an opportunity to become an apprentice will receive up to $2500 per year for books, supplies, tuition, and fees.
The more apprenticeship opportunities we have, the more students we can help financially in achieving their goal of becoming a college graduate and gaining the skills they need to be successful in the workforce.