Students Helping Other People (SHOP)
S.H.O.P. Mission Statement:
To serve our community with resources and actions by utilizing our voices and deeds through the unity of giving at Robeson Community College.
S.H.O.P. is a student driven group that meets at least once a month in The Learning Center Conference Room in Building 14. Their goal is to choose two community service projects per semester to support and encourage involvement from the entire campus. S.H.O.P. embraces the diversity of our community and the many opportunities to serve.
- S.H.O.P. usually begins with a Food Drive for non-perishable items that are donated to the Robeson County Church and Community Center.
- S.H.O.P often wraps things up for the Fall semester with an Angel Tree project, which assists various non-profit organizations for Christmas; providing gifts for deserving recipients.
- S.H.O.P. events tend to vary but Relay For Life has been a favorite in the past.
- S.H.O.P volunteered with the Writer’s Conference Book’Em at RCC (Robeson Community College) and found it to be a worthy event to be a part of.
- S.H.O.P members/students have also attended various Leadership training sessions and workshops.
*Click on a photo to view larger image.
For more information contact:
Susan Moore, SHOP Advisor
Building 13, Counseling & Career Office Suite
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY