Adult Basic Skills
- Adult Basic Education Transition
- Adult Basic Education
- High School Equivalency
- English as a Second Language
- Adult High School
- Family Literacy
- Contact the Staff
- Orientation Schedule
English as a Second Language
- Students will acquire daily functioning knowledge of speaking, listening, reading and writing the English language.
- Increase in student confidence in daily functioning within the larger community.
- Assimilation into the culture of the community
- Knowledge acquired at the most advanced level will give English language learners the ability to transition to higher levels of education and achieve greater career success.
Prerequisites for Admission
- Adults 18 years or older. (Minors 16 and 17 years old meeting RCC criteria may be enrolled if they meet certain guidelines.)
- All students must attend orientation to register for classes
- All ESL students will be pre-tested with a standardized CASAS assessment. The results of the testing will determine placement into one of 3 levels:
- St. Pauls
- Red Springs
- Main Campus in Lumberton
If you need additional information about the English as a Second Language program, contact Briana Rodriguez at 910-272-3617 or email@example.com.