RCC uses Reinforced Instructions for Student Excellence (RISE) to determine course placement. One of those measures is placement testing. Placement testing is used if the student has graduated high school more than 10 years ago and does not meet any of the other requirements under our RISE policy. Students may be exempt from taking the placement test if their course does not require a math or English prerequisite. Students may also be exempt if they have official placement testing scores less than 10 years old. We accept NC DAP, Accuplacer, COMPASS, ACT and SAT. Please request an official copy of your scores to be sent to us from the issuing institution, if you have already completed a placement test and would like to use those scores.
Students may prepare for the EdReady assessment by visiting https://edready.org.
Testing is used to place students in appropriate level courses rather than for admissions purposes. Students who complete the college’s placement test are allowed only one retest in each English/reading or math tier. Test scores are valid for 10 years.
Testing by Appointment Only
Students must have a current application and official high school/college transcripts on file with our Admissions Department before scheduling to test. You may call our Admissions office at (910) 272-3342 or stop by 1301 in the Fred G. Williams Student Center to schedule a placement test.
If accommodations are needed due to a disability, please contact Ronnie Sampson, Coordinator of Disability Services at (910) 272-3345 so that appropriate arrangements can be made prior to testing.
Permission for Release
Students may request that their scores for tests taken at RCC be transferred to other schools by completing the Permission for Release Form.
Other Test Scores
Robeson Community College accepts other test scores such as the ASSET, ACCUPLACER®, SAT and ACT. All scores must be within five years.
Transfer of Test Scores
RCC applicants who have taken tests at other colleges should request to have their test scores sent to the Admissions Office. “Test Score Request” forms are available in the Admissions Office. Test scores delivered by applicants must be in a SEALED envelope with official signatures across the seal to be valid. Scores may also be mailed directly from the institution to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359
Health Science Testing
Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
The ATI TEAS measures an individual’s ability in mathematics, science, English, and reading comprehension.
Before scheduling for the ATI TEAS students must first:
1. Complete the Allied Health Checklist and follow the application process to ensure you meet the eligibility guidelines to take ATI TEAS®. These requirements are detailed as Items 1- 3 on the Allied Health Program Checklist. All supporting documents must be attached.
2. Create a “TEAS® Student Account” at www.atitesting.com prior to scheduling your test date. You may purchase study and practice materials from this site as well.
3. Note and remember the TEAS® username and password created when you set up your student account with ATI. This username and password will be required in order to take the TEAS online with Robeson Community College.
4. Schedule a testing date with the Admissions Office. Please adhere to the application deadlines. This is your responsibility, not the Admissions Office.
• Please note, ATI TEAS® scores from other institutions are accepted only, if test results include all parts (Math, Reading, Science, and English) and are an official copy.
• Official scores mailed from another institution will be accepted. Faxed copies are not accepted. HOBET/Net scores are no longer accepted.
5. Additional Reminders:
• TEAS scores (Versions 3 and 4) do not meet the admission criteria for RCC.
• Students are allowed to test once every 6 months at Robeson Community College.
• TEST Scores are valid for five years from the proposed date of entry into the Allied Health program, unless otherwise noted.
ATI TEAS Testing Schedule and Registration Procedures
1. Be prepared to pay the $70.00, a non-refundable fee online to ATI with your credit or debit card for the TEAS immediately before the TEAS exam begins on the day you test. If you are not able to pay online on your test date you will not be able to test.
2 Please, be aware that there are a limited number of seats available on each test date, so it is important to pick a test date and register in order to meet your application deadline.
ATI TEAS Testing by Appointment Only
Students must register for the test in advance by calling Angelena Hall at 910-272-3358 or visiting the Admissions Office located in the Fred G. Williams Student Center, Building 13.
Prior to testing, students must meet with a counselor to determine if they are eligible to test. Students must have completed or tested out of all developmental coursework before they can register to take the ATI TEAS.
ATI Testing Dates for academic year 2019 – 2020:
October 28, 2020 February 17, 2021
November 10, 2020 April 13, 2021
December 10, 2020 April 15, 2021
February 2, 2021 April 19, 2021
February 4, 2021 April 21, 2021
February 16, 2021