Electrical Systems Technology
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) – Electrical Systems Technology (A35130TE)
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) – Electrical Systems Technology (A35130BR)
- Diploma in Electrical System Technology D35130
- Certificate in Electrical Installation and Maintenance C35130IM
- Certificate in Photovoltaic Systems C35130PV
- Certificate in Robotics C35130RO
- Certificate in Wire Installer I C35130W1
- Certificate in Wire Installer II C35130W2
Graduates of this program have opportunities in many areas of business maintaining and servicing Electrical/Electronic equipment including: Industrial, Residential, Commercial, Military, Computer, Consumer, Communications, Biomedical, Construction.
Students enrolled in the Associate Degree program as full time students will complete the program in two years. The purpose of the Electrical Systems Technology program is to train students to install and maintain Electrical and Electronic equipment and systems. But we also go one step further. You will be trained to troubleshoot and repair those systems when they malfunction, making you a well rounded technician.
This program is designed to provide maximum flexibility for career choices. Graduates may fill a number of available positions including:
- Electronics Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Power Plant Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Construction Electrician
- Instrumentation and Controls Technician
- Automation Technician
The following is a list of local employers in the field of Electrical Systems Technology:
- Duke Energy
- Public Schools of North Carolina
- Campbell Soup Supply Co.
- Elkay Manufacturing
- Graphic Packaging
- International Paper
- US Cold Storage
- Purolator Filters, LLC
- Quickie Manufacturing Corp.
- Southeastern Health
- Duke Energy
- NRG Energy
- Harris Rebar
- Sanderson Farms
- Scotland Manufacturing
- A recent Graduate Placement Survey indicated an average salary of $37,599 for our Electrical Systems Degree graduate. With additional experience you could expect to earn $50,000 to $70,000 yearly.
The Electrical Systems Technology AAS Degree is a 72-credit hour program. There is a basic core of 53 credit hours. The program also consists of 15 general education credit hours and six credit hours of additional track courses.
Helpful Personal Attributes
Highly motivated to work with industry, a strong sense of ethical behavior, a positive attitude, ability to work well with others and effective oral, written and communication skills.
If you would like additional information about the Electrical Systems Technology Programs, contact Michael Levinson, Program Director at 910-272-3471, email firstname.lastname@example.org.