Law Enforcement Training Classes
Message from the Director:
Robeson Community College has a rich tradition of providing quality law enforcement training programs to agencies in this region. For over 35 years, RCC has been a respected leader in addressing the law enforcement training needs of this community. As we plan for the future, it is our desire to continue this tradition by responding to the current needs and to be innovative in our design of future programs that will enhance the professional knowledge, skills and abilities of those who serve and protect us every day. We will accomplish this by being creative, flexible and innovative in our response to those needs. We will provide effective and efficient instruction by utilizing the best facilities; the most dedicated and qualified instructors and the latest in technology and equipment. It is our hope that you find the information on this site to be useful as you seek solutions to your current and future training needs. Our staff stands ready to assist you and your agency in addressing any issues that may be resolved through training. Please feel free to contact me or any member of my staff through the contacts link on this page with your questions.
Director of Law Enforcement Training
NEW UPCOMING COURSES:
(click links for more information)
- Basic Street Gang Investigators Training – October 27 – 29, 2021. In partnership and presented by The North Carolina Gang Investigators’ Association. For more information and to register, call 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- Basic Hostage and Crisis Negotiations Course – November 8 – 12, 2021. In partnership with The North Carolina Justice Academy (NCJA), students will receive credit that can be counted toward NCJA certificate programs. Course registration must be completed through the NCJA Acadis portal. For more information or assistance with registering, call 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- Vehicle and Foot Surveillance for Law Enforcement – November 15 – 19, 2021. This 5 day 50 hour course is taught by Tactical Tracker Training School, LLC. For more information and to register call 910-272-3502 or email LET@robeson.edu
- Robeson Community College Leadership Academy for Law Enforcement Personnel – January 10 – March 28, 2021. Presented by Milco Training Solutions, LLC. Classes will be conducted 1 -2 days a week through the duration of the course. For more information and to register call 910-272-3502 or email LET@robeson.edu
Regularly Scheduled Courses:
(click links for more information)
- Speed Measuring Instrument (SMI) – RADAR & LIDAR Basic Courses and Recertification Courses. To register, contact Coordinator Pete Monteiro at 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- 2021 Mandatory In-Service Training (MIST) Classes – Classes are scheduled every Wednesday & Thursday from January to March. Additional dates and times can be scheduled accordingly. To register or schedule a class contact Coordinator Pete Monteiro at 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- General Instructor Course – March 16 – April 1, 2021 and September 15 – Oct. 1, 2021. To Register, contact Coordinator Pete Monteiro at 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- Detention Officer Certification Course – February 8 – March 12, 2021 and September 27 – October 29, 2021. To Register, contact Coordinator Pete Monteiro at 910-272-3502 or email: LET@robeson.edu
- ***New Course*** Basic Firearms Handling Course, taught by Major Tommy Barnes, Lumberton Police Department. All Classes are held on Saturdays, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM. To Register, contact Angela Chavis at 910-272-3690 or email: LET@robeson.edu.
- North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Certification Course, taught by Major Tommy Barnes, Lumberton Police Department. All classes are held on Saturdays, 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM. To Register, contact Angela Chavis at 910-271-3690 or email: LET@robeson.edu.