Scholarships for Transfer Students
Community college students seeking financial assistance to continue their education may find the search for scholarships bountiful; information provided below highlights a few state and national scholarships available to students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution. This site also provides a link to CFNC.org which offers more information related to financial assistance opportunities.
Need-based aid may be found in the form of grants or scholarships. It is awarded based on one’s financial need, so completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid is required. Some programs focus on North Carolina community college students.
Goodnight Scholars Program through NC State University
Merit-based aid may focus on talents and special interests: academic achievement, athletic accomplishments, or artistic abilities, for instance. The most common form of merit-based aid is a scholarship. While the primary goal of merit-based aid is to award accomplishments, some scholarships do have a need-based component; therefore, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Udall Undergraduate Scholarship: This scholarship of up to $7,000 is awarded to 60 undergraduate sophomores and juniors pursuing careers related to Tribal Public Policy or Native Health Care. Udall Scholars get to attend the Udall Scholar Orientation in August, meeting alumni and community leaders for exceptional networking opportunities, and gain lifetime membership to a growing and active alumni network. For more information and to sign up for free informational webinars, visit us at udall.gov. Deadline: March 2, 2019.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship offers approximately 40 community college students scholarships to attend a four-year institution. The 2019 application is available beginning August 1 until November 20, 2019.
Phi Theta Kappa Honorary Society offers a variety of scholarships for its members. Scholarships are available for continued education at the associate degree-level and bachelor’s degree level. Robeson Community College students interested in joining Phi Theta Kappa should contact one of the organization’s advisor: email@example.com .
North Carolina Colleges with Transfer Student Scholarships
- Appalachian State University
- Campbell University
- East Carolina University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Mount Olive University
- North Carolina A&T State University
- North Carolina Central University
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington