Safe Return to Campus Plan
The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors remains our highest priority. RCC is committed to altering its physical environment to help the college community feel safe and protected by following safety measures designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.
For you, the student, this Safe Return to Campus plan provides guidelines and outlines steps the campus is taking to create a safe environment.
True to our mission, we want to provide opportunities for “safe” academic, technical, and life-long learning in a collaborative culture dedicated to inquiry, results, and excellence.
The plan follows public health guidelines from the NC Governor’s office, NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, 2020) health and wellness guidance that optimize learning, while minimizing health risks and the spread of the virus. Additionally, the this plan presents a summary of procedures for responding to incidents of direct and indirect contact with COVID-19.
- Protect the health and safety of the college’s students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Advise everyone regarding social distancing protocols
- Monitor conditions and immediately take steps to limit the spread and mitigate safety risks
Robeson Community College has outlined Health and Safety Protocols in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic to keep you, our students, and our campus community safe and healthy. These guidelines emphasize social distancing, enhanced cleaning protocols, recommendations for proactive personal hygiene, self-monitoring and the expected response to direct or indirect contact with the coronavirus.
- Social Distancing | The goal is to maintain at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others. One-way entrances and exits have also been marked to further promote directional flow and social distancing. Seating areas, water fountains, restrooms, computer labs and classroom spaces have been easily marked for your safety.
- Face Coverings | To reduce the COVID-19 spread, face coverings are required in all public locations including hallways, classrooms, labs, and even outside locations where a safe distance of six feet cannot be maintained. You are expected to bring your own face coverings; however, the college has set up COVID-19 stations in designated, high traffic areas with a limited supply of disposable masks and face shields if needed.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting | RCC will follow all state and federal standards established to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for everyone. The janitorial staff have adopted cleaning protocols to reduce the risk of cross-contamination from COVID-19 by actively cleaning and disinfecting all campus buildings and classrooms.
- Personal Hygiene | In addition to wearing face coverings, everyone on campus is asked to Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer when hand-washing is not available. You should avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. Also avoid close contact – by politely declining hugs, handshakes, high fives, or other common gestures involving contact with other individuals.
- SYMPTOM MONITORING | All students are asked to closely monitor their personal health for any symptoms. Students not feeling well or experiencing symptoms, Should Not Come to Campus. Contact your health care provider and then your faculty for additional instructions. Be assured, your RCC faculty will work with any student self-isolating or self-quarantining to complete missed coursework.
- Direct or Indirect Exposure | Students with known, possible or suspected exposure to COVID-19, either directly or indirectly, should contact their healthcare provider for guidance and then follow the guidance outlined in the health and safety protocols section.