Respiratory Therapy Admission Requirements
Respiratory Therapy Program adheres to the general admission requirements as set forth by Robeson Community College (See RCC Catalog and Student Handbook) and specific Respiratory Therapy selection requirements. Respiratory Therapy Program admission applications must be submitted in January, in order to be considered for admission the next academic year. Applicants completing all requirements for the Respiratory Therapy Program after the application deadline may resubmit their applications/packet for admission following the subsequent year. Students will be responsible for being in compliance with any changes that occur in the admissions process for the next enrollment cycle. Interested applicants should contact:The Office of Admissions
Robeson Community College
PO Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359
(910) 272-3342 or Admissions
Respiratory Therapy General Admission Requirements
“Once provisional acceptance has been granted, Students will be scheduled by Program Faculty to attend 2 clinical affiliates for a guided job shadow. This does not need to be completed prior to submitting application to program.”
- Admission to all RCC Health Science programs is a competitive process. Applicants are evaluated based upon the following factors: academic performance, references and academic degrees.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater in the Respiratory Therapy general education courses by the published deadline date for submitting complete program checklists to the Admissions Office. Applicants not meeting the cumulative GPA requirements will not be reviewed by the program area for admission. For the Respiratory Therapy program, the GPA calculation will be based upon grades earned in the following courses: BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 131, ENG 111, ENG 112, MAT 110, PSY 150, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective (ART 111, MUS 110 or ENG 231).
- A point system is followed to evaluate health science program applications. Applicants earn points based upon academic performance, references and academic degrees. Point distribution is outlined on the program checklist.
- Complete the Health Science Admission Checklist packet by the specific deadline. Respiratory Therapy 2017 Health Ranking Checklist & Timeline [Student Sample]. Official Respiratory Therapy Admission Checklists may be obtained in Admissions.
- Students must be able to fulfill all essential functions as outlined in the health sciences admission policy.
- Provisionally accepted students must submit a criminal background check, drug screening and medical review/screen to include physical examination and immunizations. All fees associated with the criminal background check, drug screen and medical review will be the responsibility of the student.
- Provisionally accepted students previously enrolled in any other Respiratory Therapy programs must submit a letter from the program director.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review all program materials and to stay current with the program requirements, policies and procedures.