Nursing Admission Requirements
Associate Degree Program adheres to the general admission requirements as set forth by Robeson Community College (See RCC Catalog and Student Handbook) and specific Associate Degree Nursing selection requirements. Associate Degree Nursing Program admission applications must be submitted in accordance with the Early Admission and Traditional Admission Checklist dates, in order to be considered for admission the next academic year. Applicants completing all requirements for the Associate Degree Nursing Program after the application deadline may resubmit their applications/packet for admission following the subsequent year. Students will be responsible for being in compliance with any changes that occur in the admissions process for the next enrollment cycle. Interested applicants should contact:The Office of Admissions
Robeson Community College
PO Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359
(910) 272-3342 or Admissions
Associate Degree Nursing General Admission Requirements
- Admission to all RCC Health Science programs is a competitive process. Applicants are evaluated based upon the following factors: academic performance, references and academic degrees.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater in the Associate Degree Nursing general education courses by the published deadline date for submitting complete program checklists to the Admissions Office. Applicants not meeting the cumulative GPA requirements will not be reviewed by the program area for admission. For the Associate Degree Nursing Program, the GPA calculation will be based upon grades earned in the following courses: BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 151 or CHM 131/CHM 131A, ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective (ART 111, MUS 110 or MUS 112, ENG 231, PHI 215, or PHI 240 (PHI 240- Introduction to Ethics preferred).
- A point system is followed to evaluate health science program applications. Applicants earn points based upon academic performance, references and academic degrees. Point distribution is outlined on the program checklist.
- Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Points will be distributed as outlined in the TEAS Point Sheet. Additional study materials and practice tests can be accessed at http://www.mometrix.com/academy/teas-test/.
- Complete the Health Science Admission Checklist packet by the specific deadline. Official Associate Degree Nursing Admission Checklists may be obtained in Admissions.
- Students must be able to fulfill all essential functions as outlined in the health sciences admission policy.
- Provisionally accepted students must submit a criminal background check, drug screening and medical review/screen to include physical examination and immunizations. All fees associated with the criminal background check, drug screen and medical review will be the responsibility of the student.
- Provisionally accepted students previously enrolled in any other Nursing programs must submit a letter from the program director.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review all program materials and to stay current with the program requirements, policies and procedures.