Robeson Community College

Need Money for College?

                             Summer Pell Grant Policy


There are two ways in which a student will be eligible for Federal Pell grants for the summer semester.

  • In the event a Federal Pell grant recipient does not use his/her full award in attending full time both fall and spring, any remaining funds can be used in the summer session if student meets the enrollment criteria.


  • Starting summer 2018 Federal Pell grant rules allow students to receive additional Pell Grant funds and accelerate their academic careers to finish their program of study sooner. A student may qualify by enrolling in a minimum of 6 credit hours in his/her major for the summer session. If he/she is unable to enroll for 6 credit hours in the major, the student should make an appointment with a Financial Aid Specialist to learn what other funding sources may be available.


Due to the large number contact hours of all classes during the 8 week summer session, financial aid strongly advises students to carefully consider their enrollment load before registration. The student is expected to complete all registered classes to avoid possible repayment of Financial Aid.



imgresFinancial Aid

Your education at Robeson Community College is one of the most valuable investments you will make in your life. The financial aid office is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education because we believe attending college should not be limited by your family’s financial resources.

At RCC, financial aid is available from several sources: federal and state grants, student employment, scholarships, and veteran benefits. RCC‘s financial aid office will help you identify programs that are right for you.

Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions & Answers

  • What is FAFSA?
    Free Application For Federal Student Aid
  • What is the website to complete a FAFSA form?
  • What is the school code for RCC?
  • What is a pin and how do you obtain it?
    A FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your child’s FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. You may create a FSA ID here: FSA ID. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.
  • What recourse do I have if the FAFSA does not reflect my current financial situation?
    If you or your family has unusual circumstances not shown on the FAFSA (such as loss of employment) that might affect your need for student financial aid, submit the FAFSA and then complete a Professional Judgment Request form with RCC Financial Aid Office.
  • What documents are needed to complete the FAFSA?
    The student and/or parent(s) federal tax returns- 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
  • What is verification?
    Verification is a review of the information you reported on your FAFSA application. Students are randomly selected by the Department of Education for verification. If selected, you will be required to obtain a tax return transcript from the IRS. You may obtain a tax return transcript online at or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
  • Where can I get the forms needed for verification? ?
  • Which transcripts are needed to process my financial aid?  To receive financial aid all official high school/GED/college/university/technical school transcripts need to be on file with the Admissions Office.
  • Does financial aid pay for developmental coursework?           
    Financial aid will only pay for 30 credit hours of attempted developmental coursework.
  • What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw from the institution?  A student’s official withdrawal date is used to determine how much financial aid was earned during enrollment for the semester. All unearned portions of financial aid mustbe returned to the Department of Education. This may leave the student with a balance owed to Robeson Community College. Students will not be eligible to receive additional financial aid for post-secondary education until all unearned portions of financial aid are repaid.

Financial Aid

Save Some Time, Skip the Line

  • Join the line by texting: robesoncc to (910) 597-1920
    Join the Line From Home

  • Click Here to Book an Appointment

    For 1-on-1 FAFSA assistance, click on the image above, select “FAFSA Assistance Appointment ONLY, and schedule for either an in-person or a virtual appointment.