Robeson Community College

Important Deadlines/Updates

                           Summer Pell Grant Policy

There are two ways in which a student will be eligible for Federal Pell grants for the summer semester.

  • In the event a Federal Pell grant recipient does not use his/her full award in attending full time both fall and spring, any remaining funds can be used in the summer session if student meets the enrollment criteria.
  • Starting summer 2018 Federal Pell grant rules allow students to receive additional Pell Grant funds and accelerate their academic careers to finish their program of study sooner. A student may qualify by enrolling in a minimum of 6 credit hours in his/her major for the summer session. If he/she is unable to enroll for 6 credit hours in the major, the student should make an appointment with a Financial Aid Specialist to learn what other funding sources may be available.

Due to the large number contact hours of all classes during the 8 week summer session, financial aid strongly advises students to carefully consider their enrollment load before registration. The student is expected to complete all registered classes to avoid possible repayment of Financial Aid.


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Updates

The 2018 – 2019 FAFSA is currently available online at! New, re-enrolling and returning students must complete a 2018 – 2019 FAFSA application by July 2, 2018 to be guaranteed aid processing by RCC’s Financial Aid Office for fall 2018 enrollment.

  • Students may apply after these deadlines; however, financial aid processing will not be guaranteed prior to the start of the semester.

Student Contact Information

In compliance with federal regulation, the Financial Aid Office at Robeson Community College communicates with students via mail unless consent is given to be contacted electronically. As such, it is critical that students keep their contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, etc.) up-to-date to avoid delays in notification from the Financial Aid Office. To update your contact information, please contact the Business Office and provide your current information.