Free Tuition to Eligible 2021 NC High School Graduates
ELIGIBLE 2021 NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES WILL HAVE THEIR TUITION AND FEES COVERED AT
ROBESON COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR UP TO TWO YEARS
The Longleaf Commitment is a grant program for 2021 North Carolina high school graduates who will attend one of our state’s “Great 58” community colleges starting in the Fall 2021 semester. High school graduates may be eligible to receive this grant – not a loan – to cover tuition and fees toward a degree or to attain transfer credit.
Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive $700 to $2,800 per academic year, for a total of two years. Less than full-time students may receive a partial award.
The Longleaf Commitment Grant ends at the conclusion of the 2023 spring semester.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school in 2021
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Be a first-time college student [Career & College Promise (CCP) and Early/Middle College High School students are eligible]
- Enroll in a curriculum program during the 2021-22 academic year
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2021-22.
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from $0 – $15,000 (“EFC” is based upon a student’s FAFSA determination)
- Renew the FAFSA for the 2022-23 academic years and meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements of the college