Robeson Community College

Financial Aid – FAQ

Financial Aid

Your education at Robeson Community College is one of the most valuable investments you will make in your life. The financial aid office is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education because we believe attending college should not be limited by your family’s financial resources.

At RCC, financial aid is available from several sources: federal and state grants, student employment, scholarships, and veteran benefits. RCC‘s financial aid office will help you identify programs that are right for you.


Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions & Answers

What is FAFSA?
Free Application For Federal Student Aid

What is the website to complete a FAFSA form?

What is the school code for RCC?

What is a FSA ID and how do you obtain it?

A FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your child’s FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. You may create a FSA ID here: FSA ID. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.

What recourse do I have if the FAFSA does not reflect my current financial situation?
If you or your family has unusual circumstances not shown on the FAFSA (such as loss of employment) that might affect your need for student financial aid, submit the FAFSA and then complete a Professional Judgment Request form with RCC Financial Aid Office.

What documents are needed to complete the FAFSA?
The student and/or parent(s) federal tax returns- 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ

What is verification?
Verification is a review of the information you reported on your FAFSA application. Students are randomly selected by the Department of Education for verification. If selected, you will be required to obtain a tax return transcript from the IRS. You may obtain a tax return transcript online at or by calling 1-800-908-9946.

Where can I get the forms needed for verification?

Which transcripts are needed to process my financial aid?

To receive financial aid all official high school/GED/college/university/technical school transcripts need to be on file with the Admissions Office.

Does financial aid pay for developmental coursework?           
Financial aid will only pay for 30 credit hours of attempted developmental coursework.

What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw from the institution?  A student’s official withdrawal date is used to determine how much financial aid was earned during enrollment for the semester. All unearned portions of financial aid mustbe returned to the Department of Education. This may leave the student with a balance owed to Robeson Community College. Students will not be eligible to receive additional financial aid for post-secondary education until all unearned portions of financial aid are repaid.