Emergency Medical Science Admission Requirements
EMS Program adheres to the general admission requirements as set forth by Robeson Community College (See RCC Catalog and Student Handbook) and specific EMS selection requirements. EMS Program admission applications must be submitted in January, in order to be considered for admission the next academic year. Applicants completing all requirements for the EMS Program after the application deadline may resubmit their applications/packet for admission following the subsequent year. Students will be responsible for being in compliance with any changes that occur in the admissions process for the next enrollment cycle. Interested applicants should contact:
The Office of Admissions
Robeson Community College
PO Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359
(910) 272-3342 or Admissions
EMS General Admission Requirements
- Admission to all RCC Health Science programs is a competitive process. Applicants are evaluated based upon the following factors: academic performance, references and academic degrees.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater in the EMS general education courses by the published deadline date for submitting complete program checklists to the Admissions Office. Applicants not meeting the cumulative GPA requirements will not be reviewed by the program area for admission. For the EMS Program, the GPA calculation will be based upon grades earned in the following courses: BIO 163 or BIO 168, BIO 169, CIS 111, ENG 111, ENG 115, PSY 150, MAT 110, MED 120, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective (ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, ENG 231, ENG 232, PHI 215, PHI 240, REL 110, REL 211, REL 212, REL 221).
- A point system is followed to evaluate health science program applications. Applicants earn points based upon academic performance, references and academic degrees. Point distribution is outlined on the program checklist.
- Complete the Health Science Admission Checklist packet by the specific deadline. EMS 2017 Health Ranking Checklist & Timeline [Student Sample]. Official EMS Admission Checklists may be obtained in Admissions.
- Students must be able to fulfill all essential functions as outlined in the health sciences admission policy.
- Provisionally accepted students must submit a criminal background check, drug screening and medical review/screen to include physical examination and immunizations. All fees associated with the criminal background check, drug screen and medical review will be the responsibility of the student.
- Provisionally accepted students previously enrolled in any other EMS programs must submit a letter from the program director.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review all program materials and to stay current with the program requirements, policies and procedures.