Radiography Program/Clinical Requirements
RCC Radiography students rotate through a number of clinical locations in surrounding counties in both North and South Carolina. Students will be required to travel up to 60 miles to participate in their clinical assignments. This mileage is calculated from the RCC Campus. Therefore, it is very important that students have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; furthermore, it is the student’s responsibility to provide their own transportation and cover their own fuel expenses for travel to clinical sites. Program staff will not make exceptions or adjustments in clinical assignments based upon traveling distance.
The Radiography program provides learning opportunities for students in an array of clinical learning environments. The clinical experiences range from imaging centers, orthopedic offices, medical office groups and from small to large hospitals. This ensures that students are exposed to a maximum variety of exams through the use of conventional, computed and digital radiography equipment. Clinical rotations are assigned so that each student has the opportunity to experience procedures essential for the ARRT clinical competency requirements.
Current clinical sites include:
- Allen Orthopedics- Lumberton, NC
- Cape Fear Valley- Bladen County Hospital- Elizabethtown, NC
- Cape Fear Valley Hospital- Fayetteville, NC
- Cape Fear Valley- Hoke Hospital- Raeford, NC
- Columbus Regional Healthcare System- Whiteville, NC
- Dillon Family Medicine- Dillon, SC
- Scotland Health Care System- Laurinburg, NC
- Southeastern Health (formerly SRMC)- Lumberton, NC
- Southeastern Orthopedic Center- Lumberton, NC
- Southeastern Radiological Associates (formerly LRA)- Lumberton, NC
- Southeastern Urgent Care- Pembroke, NC
Additional Clinical Information
- Students will be assigned to didactic and clinical experience not to exceed 40 hours per week (this does not include breaks, lunch, travel, or study time).
Students will be assigned occasional afternoon, evening, and weekend clinical rotations. The clinical coordinator/instructor will post rotation schedules at the beginning of each semester.
Students are not assigned clinical rotation on recognized holidays.
Students receive vacation time according to the College calendar. Summer vacation is scheduled before and/or after the summer session.