You may find the following online resources convenient and helpful as you explore your career interests. This list includes information on career assessments, employment data and job outlook, specific careers and educational requirements, and resources to assist you with developing your resume, creating a cover letter, and improving your interview skills.
- Career Planning
- Career Interest Game – Based on Holland RIASEC model, a list of occupations corresponding to the six code with brief occupational descriptions provided.
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC) – Offers tools for college transition, exploration of programs and majors, career video, and transfer planning.
- What Can I Do With This Major? – Connects majors to career areas and identifies employers that hire within each major.
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC) – Explores interests, transferrable skills, abilities, and work values to identify career options.
- Humanmetrics – Identifies areas of one’s lifestyle and determines how they relate to specific career fields.
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter – Classifies temperament types and their connection to careers of interest.
- My Next Move – Provides career information including work demands, educational requirements, and job outlook.
- Personality Type.com – Unlocks personality “types” to gain insight into one’s preferences.
- Bureau Labor of Statistics
- Career One Stop
- NC Works
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service https://forms.gle/4A5YyJvQMoe8n2GR9
- Noble Self Service Storage – Office Assistant, Please call 910-738-8508 to apply.
- Two Hawk – General Production Workers, Industrial Cleaners, and Forklift Operators. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephens Outreach Center, Inc. – Part-time Medical Billing Clerk/Records Assistant. Please call (910)-738-7865 to apply.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
Workers with Disabilities
ASSISTANCE WITH RESUMES, COVER LETTERS, AND INTERVIEW SKILLS
- Best Interview Questions
- Career one Stop
- How to Write a Resume
- Job Interview Questions
- Quint Careers
- Resume Cover Letter
- Resume Help
- America’s Career InfoNet – Review information on occupations and industries, self-assessments, salary, and outlook.
- O*NET – Provides detailed descriptions of more than 1,000 jobs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Identifies information on salaries, education and training, outlook, and employment resources.