C-STEP | UNC-Chapel Hill
The Carolina Student Transfer Excellence Program (C-STEP) is a partnership between Robeson Community College and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. C-STEP is designed to foster success by identifying talented low-to-moderate income students while they are early in their community college experience, work with the community college to mentor students as they complete the associate’s degree and transfer as a junior to UNC-Chapel Hill.
Participating in C-STEP means having an academic advisor at Robeson Community College as well as UNC-Chapel Hill and participating in activities designed to develop a connection with the Tar Heel community. Robeson Community College students who participate in the program are guaranteed eventual admission to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill provided they complete the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree and maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. above 3.2.
BEGIN AT RCC BUT END A TAR HEEL
- Fill out the online application and please include all requested information.
- Upload unofficial hard copy transcripts from your graduating high school and all colleges and universities attended. (You must submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions in which you have enrolled, regardless of whether you completed coursework.)
- Email two electronic letters of recommendation in PDF format.
- Please self-report SAT or ACT results (If taken)
- If you answer “yes” to any of the community standards questions, please submit an explanation and supporting documentation as requested in the instructions. Please note that we are unable to review incomplete applications that do not include an explanation and supporting documentation to any community standard incidents.