Adult Basic Skills
- Adult Basic Education Transition
- Adult Basic Education
- High School Equivalency
- English as a Second Language
- Adult High School
- Family Literacy
- Contact the Staff
- Orientation Schedule
Adult Basic Education
In support of the mission of Robeson Community College, the Adult Basic Education program is committed to promoting educational opportunities to the diverse population of Robeson County and the surrounding regions. The adult basic educational content area offers reachable educational opportunities and transition to Adult High School or High School Equivalency programs.
Prerequisites for admission
- Adults 18 years or older. (Minors 16 and 17 years old meeting RCC criteria may be enrolled if they meet certain guidelines.)
- Do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Score 8.9 or below on both the Reading and Mathematics sections of the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education)
- Have an approved source of picture identification, such as a valid driver’s license, personal passport or official United States identification documents
All Adult Basic Education students will be pre-tested with a standardized TABE assessment. The results of the testing will determine placement into one of four program levels:
- Beginning ABE Literacy
- Beginning ABE
- Low Intermediate ABE
- High Intermediate ABE
Please see testing schedule for dates and times.
If you need additional information about the Adult Basic Education program, contact Tammy Chavis at 910-272-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the Links Below to Review: