These regulations constitute the traffic code of Robeson Community College and shall be applicable to all faculty, staff, students, and visitors operating a motor vehicle on RCC owned or controlled property. Failure to abide by these rules will result in a parking violation.
Driving and Parking Regulations
- Areas posted “No Parking” shall be enforced at all times.
- The maximum speed limit on campus is fifteen (15) miles per hour unless otherwise posted.
- Vehicle movement on campus is not be obstructed by stopping or standing for any reason except to park.
- Driving or parking on lawns or walkways are prohibited.
- Pedestrians shall be given the right-of-way.
- Vehicles illegally parked or abandoned on campus will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles that are double parked, parked on curb/fire lane, parked over the designated parking lines, blocking a drive way or in anyway disrupting the orderly flow of traffic will be subject to a fine of $5.00 and/or be towed at owner’s expense.
- Parking in a space designated for handicapped persons is an infraction and carries state and/or local penalties.
- Failure to register and properly display parking decal will in result in a citation.
- Loitering in parking lot areas is prohibited.
- The following areas are off limits to general vehicles: State Vehicle parking, loading and unloading areas, shipping/receiving dock, shop ramps and enclosures, etc.
- Individuals with repeated violations may be prohibited from driving or parking on campus.
Fines and Penalties
- Campus traffic regulations as published by RCC shall be administered under the supervision of the Institutional Services office, located in building #2.
- Campus police will issue citations to violators of most traffic and parking laws. In cases of moving or other major violations, campus police or other legally authorized law enforcement officers may issue citations of summons.
- In all cases where a summons to civil or criminal court is issued, the fine upon conviction will be set by the court judge.
- Citations issued by Campus Police will carry a $5.00 fine.
- All citation fines are payable at the Cashiers Office located in Building #2 within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Individuals who wish to challenge the citation may do by visiting the Institutional Services Office located in Building #2. Upon ruling, the decision is final.
- Failure to pay will result in the following action: restriction from registering, transcript release, and/or graduation.